2 West Street, P.O. Box 5133
Edmeston, NY 13335
Phone: (607) 965-9823
Fax: (607) 965-8059
- Notary Public – Photo ID required.
- Records Management Officer – all Freedom of Information (FOIL) requests are administered through the Town Clerk’s office. The Town Clerk is also responsible for maintaining the official public signboard, advertising and receiving bids and editing the newsletter.
- Registrar of Vital Records – the custodian of all birth, death, burial permits and marriage certificates occurring within the Town as well as access to genealogical records back to 1885.
- Recording Secretary and Filing Officer for the Town Board – attending meetings, authoring minutes which are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes and include adopted local laws, oaths of office, resignations, petitions, annual budgets, assessment rolls, fiscal reports, notices of lien, court actions, bond and note registers and the official zoning maps and ordinances.
- Permit Issuing Agent – issuing licenses and permits for marriage, dogs, conservation (hunting and fishing), and handicapped parking permits, Town recreation facilities. Town land use permits – fee amount $10.00
- Marriage license requirements: Two forms of identification one being photo and the second being a birth certificate, copies of divorce papers or death certificate if applicable. Both parties must sign before the clerk in person. There is a 24-hour waiting period before a ceremony can be performed. New fee amount is $40.00
- Dog license requirements: Certificate of current rabies vaccination and spayed -neutered certificates are required. Fee amounts: $7.50 for spay/neutered, $15.00 for unspayed/unneutered.
- Handicapped permit requirements: signed paperwork from a physician. Current drivers license or non/drivers license. Forms are available in the clerk’s office. No Charge
- Conservation licenses requirements: For fishing licenses proof of NYS residency (driver’s license or non-driver identification card). For hunting licenses photo ID as above and proof of hunter safety certification.